Edited Book Guidelines
Edited Books are books that contain several chapters in which each chapter is written by different authors and are organised by one or more organising editors. An Edited Book ought to have one broad theme and the title of each chapter must be tied into the same theme.
- The minimum number of chapters in an edited book is 10 chapters.
- Each chapter must have not more than four (4) authors. At least one author must be an academic staff of UTM.
- The number of pages of each chapter must be proportional with regards to other chapters.
- The book is organised by a maximum of two (2) editors.
- Organising editors may contribute to a maximum of three (3) chapters only including the introductory chapter that covers all chapters in the book.
- The title of the edited book may not exceed seven (7) words and must embody all topics covered by all chapters in the book.
- Each chapter in the book must undergo a plagiarism check using the Turnitin application. The permitted similarity must be less than 20% only or 7% for each chapter.
Here are the edited book workflow for better understanding.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ORGANISING EDITOR
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ORGANISING EDITOR AT FACULTY LEVEL
- To identify the niche area of the book.
- To contribute an introductory chapter that covers the expert areas of the field as a whole and highlights the signficance of the edited book towards the development of knowledge in the field.
- To carry out editing, proofing, and typesetting of the manuscript according to the format set by Penerbit UTM Press until a camera-ready copy (CRC) is obtained.
- To ensure that every submitted manuscript has undergone a plagiarism check.
- To serve as the intermediary person and works closely with three parties throughout the publication period of the edited book
- Penerbit UTM Press.
- Chapter contributor(s).
RESPONSIBILITIES OF BOOK EDITOR TOWARDS PENERBIT UTM PRESS
- The Book Editor is responsible for submitting a proposal to Penerbit UTM Press
- Working title of the edited book.
- Introduction/summary of the edited book.
- Objectives/scope of the edited book.
- Names of suggested evaluators and their short CV.
- Abstract of each proposed chapter.
- Short CV of the book editor(s).
- To submit the camera-ready copy (CRC) of the manuscript to Penerbit UTM Press.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ORGANIZING EDITOR TOWARDS PANEL OF EVALUATORS
- To identify reviewers who are qualified based on their expertise OR possess at least a Ph.D in the relevant field.
- To submit a complete manuscript to the reviewers for evaluation.
- To monitor and ensure that t he reviewing process is completed on time according to schedule.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF BOOK EDITOR TOWARDS CONTRIBUTING AUTHORS
- To receive the proposal/abstract from chapter authors.
- To carry out an early assessment on whether to accept or reject the submitted chapter. Book editors may reject any chapters that may not reach the required standard.
- To ensure that the authors submit their complete manuscript before the deadline.
- To return the evaluated manuscript to authors for corrections.
- To ensure that the contributing authors made the corrections within the allotted time.
If you are new author, above are the author guidelines need to be follow before make a submission. Download .zip file here
If you are existing author login here to ePress application.
Edited Book Publication System (ePress) is online system developed to coordinate and facilitate edited book application process. ePress allows users to submit documents and manuscripts online as well as monitor the process of their book.