This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
Penerbit UTM Book Gallery began its operation on October 2002 from its former office situated at 34-38, Jalan Kebudayaan 1, Taman Universiti, 81300 Skudai, Johor.
Penerbit UTM commencing its operation 14 years ago and today it has successfully published more than 400 reading materials. Due to its vast experience and diversity of titles in publication, it is applicable for Penerbit UTM to have a special space for its book sales and exhibitions which illustrates its image as a feasible and leading publishing body.
Precisely, the establishment of this gallery is intended to:
- Exhibit, sell and market the books published by Penerbit UTM Press
- Sell / promote academic books published by other higher institutions required by the UTM community and that are difficult to be found in the market
- UTM Book Gallery intends to be the university book shop that enable to assist students / lecturers in getting the books required for the purpose of learning, teaching and research
- Generating income for UTM publisher and university
BOOK GALLERY MARKETING AND BUSINESS
- To improve and expand the book sales published by Penerbit UTM
- To make academic books published by Penerbit UTM to become textbooks and reference materials in UTM and other local universities
- To become a major supplier of academic books in Malaysia published by Penerbit UTM
- To supply books published by UTM, local universities and others to libraries, university libraries, training institutes, polytechnics and public library .
- To promote the UTM Book Gallery and expand its market
- To hold exhibition, sale and promotion of Penerbit UTM publication in local and private universities
- As the exhibition centre for Penerbit UTM publication materials
- Selling books published by local universities and academic publisher
- Supply textbooks to UTM students particularly and other higher institutions generally
Services Offered in UTM Book Gallery:
- Receives orders from lecturers / students / library to provide textbooks for higher education in the country
- Provides reference materials for lecturers
- Provides a list of books published by government agencies
- Receives orders and supplying reference books for the library
- Sells / displays books published by foreign publishers
The main targeted customers are students of UTM, as well as academic and non-academic staff of UTM
The librarian of UTM, Polytechnics, State Public Library and related bodies.
Local and private universities students / Lecturers:
Students / lecturers of universities and colleges other than the academic staff of UTM will be informed about the book gallery and its collections.
To provide facilities and services to the local community about the books of higher education in Malaysia.
BOOK GALLERY MANAGEMENT
Currently the gallery is engaged in selling books published by UTM, other local universities’ publisher, including local and foreign publisher. Our management team is comprised of Penerbit UTM Marketing Unit staffs where a publication officer (Marketing) acts as the gallery manager assisted by 4 supporting staff.
Sunday – Wednesday : 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Friday, Saturday & Public Holiday : Close
Thursday : 9.00 am – 3.30 pm
For further information please contact
PENERBIT UTM PRESS BOOK SHOP
Penerbit UTM Press,Universiti Teknologi Malaysia,
81300 UTM Johor Bahru,
Johor Darul Ta’zim,
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 07–55 36336, 07–55 35826 | Fax: 07–55 36337